Friday, October 3, 2014

Five on Friday

I have missed joining in on this link-up. I am so thrilled to be participating again!
Linking up with April and the ladies for another very random Five on Friday.

one

Sophia and Baby Sunshine at 12 weeks.
We had our anatomy scan on Wednesday. I can't wait until February to find out the gender, but it was amazing to see Baby Sunshine. (Sophia named the baby in case you were wondering.) This was our second ultrasound and Sophia seemed to understand that she was seeing her baby on the monitor.
Baby Sunshine at 21 weeks.

two

I am so excited for our trip to the zoo this weekend. Every weekend in October our zoo hosts HallZOOween where the kiddos can dress up and trick or treat while visiting with the creatures. The best part this year is that Grandpop and Nana will be going with us. Love having family in town!
Super Sophia at HallZOOween 2013

three

I have always loved mexican flavors, but I have been eating it much more frequently recently. One of my favorite recipes is Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos from Pink Parsley. I always make a double batch and freeze half. They have become a family favorite!
Photo and recipe from Pink Parsley.

four

I finally got around to donating my hair again. I have donated multiple times - every time my hair gets longer I continue to grow it for donation. I wasn't sure if pregnancy hormones would cause me to shed a tear, but it was quite exhilarating to watch it all go. I thought Sophia would react differently toward me with my hair being significantly shorter, but she wasn't fazed at all.


five


I have been sewing and attempting machine embroidery for a few months. I have done applique designs on a few shirts and embroidered a few items. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to sewing, but these are a few of the things I am looking forward to making.
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness --- that first photo is so precious. Your Sophia is such a cutie!! And congrats on babe #2 on the way .... lots of fun ahead for y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with all that hair you chopped off!! That's going to make one beautiful wig for someone. Congrats on baby number 2 on the way!! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!