Friday, October 3, 2014

Baby Sunshine: Week 21

Size: about the size of a carrot.

Total Weight Gain: about 15 pounds (Yikes! But still on track with weight gain from when I was pregnant with Sophia.)

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Yes. Yes. With a few oversized shirts and lounge pants thrown in.

Gender: Surprise! We will find out in February!

Cravings: Thirsty all the time. No real food cravings this week.

Symptoms: I had little patience and vein achiness was at an all time high this week. I also had the most random neck, toe, foot, and leg cramps. Guess it is time to eat more bananas.

Movement: Yes! Dave got to feel a few little movements. Movement is still not very apparent on the outside because my placenta is in the front. Baby Sunshine was very active this week. Love feeling the night time somersaults.

Sleep: Not great this week. Lots of tossing and turning and waking up on my back. Fortunately even though I was up frequently it wasn't terribly hard to fall back asleep.

Moment of the Week: Having our anatomy scan. Everything seems to be developing normally. We are still on track for our due date to be February 13th. The little one had a heart rate of 148 and had the hiccups. Sophia got two pictures of Baby Sunshine and looks at them frequently.

What I Miss: My energy and stamina. I am not usually napping during the day, but I find that I need to rest and make time to put my feet up. It is also a lot harder for me to bounce from activity to activity without feeling warn out.

What I'm Looking Forward to: A weekend with family.

Big Sister: Sophia has enjoyed listening to my belly and telling me what the baby is doing. Apparently Baby Sunshine really enjoys running around and chasing Sophia. She carries Baby Sunshine around like a baby and even asked her gym instructor to give baby a turn flipping around the bar.

Looking Back: I had our anatomy scan around the same time when I was pregnant with Sophia. Sophia had a heart rate of 156 and Baby Sunshine was beating at 148 beats per minute.
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!