Friday, October 24, 2014

Baby Sunshine: Week 24

Size: Baby Sunshine is about the size of an ear of corn and weighs a little over a pound. My uterus is the size of a soccer ball.

Total Weight Gain: Up one pound for a total of 19 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, except for sweaters and hoodies even though I can't button and zip all of them.

Gender: Surprise! We will find out in February.

Cravings: Baked goods. I have made three different batches of muffins this week.

Symptoms: Mostly just feeling worn out a few days. Biggest complaint is my left leg feeling like it wants to pop out of its socket.

Movement: Lots of low movements.

Sleep: I am getting used to my new normal where I wake up multiple times each night. At least I have been able to fall back to sleep fairly easily.

Moment of the Week: Solidifying our boy name and making progress on a girl name.

What I Miss: Wearing trouser socks...the veins in my right calf are really pronounced and higher socks make them very painful. Thankful that I can wear athletic socks without issue, just missing out on all of my fun patterned socks.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Family pictures, my birthday, a doctor appointment, and Halloween. Next week is a good week!

Big Sister: My favorite thing this week was tickling Sophia's belly and her telling me to be careful of the baby. She had fun wearing a 'baby belly' at the maternity store. I laughed when I showed her a picture of me when I was pregnant with her and she didn't believe it was me. My hair was shoulder-length, but she hardly reacted when I donated my hair last month.

Looking Back: It seems I am doing a better job of keeping my skin hydrated this pregnancy. At this point in my pregnancy with Sophia a lotion bottle was my best friend. I am also not as emotional this time around. Keeping toddler emotions in check is about as much as I can handle I guess.

 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

2 comments:

  1. So fun that you have a "big sister" section in your bump date posts!!! Was the gender a surprise in your first pregnancy as well? We were surprised with Lily and I'm convinced it's the best way to go! Love the intimacy it provides during birth.

    plumtickledpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't find out the gender with our first pregnancy and I thought boy almost the whole time. Sophia still doesn't fully understand the whole pregnancy concept, but I wanted to document little moments along the way.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!