Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Balsamic Roast Beef // Crockpot Style

I have an obsession with my slow cooker. I love that with little effort on my part I can make a delicious meal. This is by far my favorite beef recipe for the crock pot. It involves little prep, easy clean up, and it has the perfect balance of flavor. 
I originally got the recipe from a friend, but it matches this recipe.

Balsamic Roast Beef // Crockpot Style

3-4 pound chuck or round roast
1 cup beef stock
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbl worcestershire sauce
1 tbl honey
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 cloves garlic, chopped

Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together remaining ingredients. {I put the honey directly on the roast since it tends to stick in the bottom of the measuring cup for me.} Pour over roast and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

When the roast has cooked, remove from slow cooker and gently break apart with two forks. Use 1/2 cup of the gravy to cover shredded beef. Remaining gravy can be stored for another use.

Serve the beef with your favorite sides.

Balsamic Roast Beef served with roasted potatoes and carrots.

Martinis & Bikinis
Linking up for the first time with Kate and Emily.
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! I made a balsamic roast in the crock last year and it didn't turn out well. I think the addition of the honey helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a fan of anything in the crock pot so most definitely pinning this to make soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks amazing! Anything made in the crockpot wins my heart lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delish and the perfect hearty meal after a long day at work... and the fact that it goes in the crock pot makes it even better :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!