Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Meal Planning Success

Last week I planned out meals for the first time ever.
I am pleased that I (mostly) stuck to the plan!
Wednesday is the only day that "LIFE" got in the way.

Unfortunately I didn't take any great pictures.
Photographs took a huge backburner when the little one was hanging off of my legs wanting to eat.
Alton Brown's Guacamole was awesome.
I was afraid that it would have a little too much heat for Sophia, but she loved it.
We all enjoyed the Quinoa Black Bean Burrito Bowls.
Dave thought they needed more salt (typical chef) and I wanted more lime flavor in the quinoa.
I will be adding lime zest next time.
I adapted the recipe for Carnitas that I found.
I had more pork than the recipe called for and added extra cumin, along with zest from the orange and lime.
I doubled the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken recipe.
I served it over corn tortillas for myself and made a 'chicken salad' bowl for Sophia.
Although the flavor was great, there was a little too much liquid left over after cooking.
I will be cutting back on the chicken broth next time.

We eat much better when I take the time to plan out the week.
Hopefully the heat will break soon so I will actually want to turn on the oven again.

Have a favorite recipe?
Please share - I need all the help I can get!!
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!