Friday, July 12, 2013

Learning the Camera Day 2

Today's lesson is to read the manual. Like the tutorial I'm following says, it is a dry read.
I will admit to looking over the manual when I first got the camera...and I have referenced it a few times...but I still have A LOT to learn.

I dug out the manual before we moved (after digging through a half-packed box to find it). When we got to Cincinnati it took me awhile to locate the 'safe place' I put it in {love it when I do that}. Now I just need to locate the cable to get pictures off of the camera.


These are the things I needed to learn from the manual:
  1. How to change the mode of your camera – auto / program, aperture priority, shutter priority.
  2. What do the icons on your camera mean? The flower, the running man, a face, mountains, stars, etc. What does each symbol represent?
  3. Which wheel controls shutter speed, which wheel controls aperture?
  4. How to find the white balance menu, and change it.
  5. How to change ISO.
Day 2 to a better photo: Find your manual and reference it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!