Friday, November 20, 2015

Five on Friday

Thrilled to be linking up with April for a long overdue Five on Friday.

one

November 9th was National Redhead Day. Having a fiery little redhead makes me notice gingers everywhere we go. I read {these facts} in a few locations, but here are a few that I found interesting.
- Only 2% of the worldwide population has red hair.
- Redheads usually need more anesthesia for dental and medical procedures.
- Redheads probably won't go grey since the pigment fades over time. Most likely they will go blonde or white.

two

In an effort to save some money and be kinder to the environment, we started cloth diapering this week. So far so good. I just built enough of a stash for us do a hybrid system of cloth during the day and disposables at night. Hopefully I can keep up with getting them washed in time to reuse them again.

three

Speaking of laundry, my washer has a time delay feature that I adore. I load it with laundry and detergent in the evening, set the delay to the early morning hours, and have a freshly washed load of clothes when I wake up. I have been in the habit of starting a load in the morning, but I frequently forget to put in the dryer. Problem solved. I have tried to have a laundry day, but it doesn't work for us. Now I just need to keep up with getting everything folded and put away.
via

four

I have an ongoing to-do list that rarely gets completed, but I have been scheduling time for myself to sew while our oldest is at preschool and our youngest is napping. Current project: toddler infinity and cowl scarves. Next up: new dance bag and matching pajamas for the girls.

five

Emma is putting everything in her mouth and *maybe* teeth will make an appearance soon. Thanks to my local babywearing group I discovered nummy beads. We love the necklace, but the kind that can attach to our lillebaby carrier are my favorite. Emma loved our stars teether until we lost it in the airport. She will be getting a new carrier teether in her stocking, but I am torn if I should replace the stars or get the new heart one that has the moveable ring.
star     //     necklace     //     heart

six

Since I am feeling like a rule breaker today I just had to share some pictures of my blurry little turkey in honor of Thanksgiving. 
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!