Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Pedal Boating

Now that Sophia is older and somewhat better at listening (at least when she wants to) we are trying to spend more time exploring the world around us and not just heading to a park to play at the playground.
I have been wanting to visit Sharon Woods for awhile and have heard good things about the park. We took Dave with us to try Pedal Boating. Although I wanted to join in, it is not exactly safe to take a six month old onto one of those little boats, so Emma snoozed in her stroller while Dave and Sophia enjoyed some time on the lake. 
I thought they were having fun, but at one of our meetups when I asked how it was going I learned otherwise. Apparently the phrase "Where's Mommy?" was on repeat. Sophia did better once she took the time to look in the lake and saw the turtles, fish, and birds that were around her. Her and Dave also collected some empty snail shells that were on the rocks near them. She wasn't quite tall enough to reach the pedals to help Dave move the boat so I am sure his legs felt like jelly when they were done.
We spent a little time at the playground and splash park before leaving. No pictures since I was feeding Emma most of the time Sophia was playing. I was glancing at the map for the park and saw what a small portion we visited while there. Once fall and the cooler temperatures arrive we will be headed back for some hiking.

Oh, and just because she is cute...a little bit of Emma.
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!