Friday, February 6, 2015

Baby Sunshine: Week 39


Size: Baby Sunshine is the size of a mini watermelon, weighing in at slightly over 7 pounds and measuring about 20 inches.

Total Weight Gain: Ugh. 39 pounds (Three pounds more than my total weight gain with Sophia).

Maternity Clothes: Yepper.

Gender:It won't be long before we find out!

Cravings: Water. I am still thirsty all the time.

Symptoms: Lots of braxton hicks contractions still. Unfortunately no real contractions. I am also having some hip pain from extra walking and sitting on an exercise ball.

Movement: The little one is still having lots of hiccups and moving around the best he/she can.

Sleep: Sleep was awful this week (meaning I was also extra cranky and emotional).

Moments of the Week: Taking Sophia to her Big Sister Class. She loved looking in the nursery and playing with the realistic baby dolls. Her big takeaway from class was that new babies have black belly buttons. We heard the heartbeat again this week and it was in the 120s, which is boy range. Dave and I finally chose our girl name and boy name...but there is still time for one of us to change our minds.

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night (shame that will not be returning to normal any time soon) and moving around without a belly in the way.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Meeting this little one.

Big Sister: Sophia has been talking about the baby constantly. She is ready to be a big sister now! This week whenever she talks to Baby Sunshine she has lifted up my shirt and spoken directly into my belly button. It is the cutest thing ever. Sophia wasn't feeling great this week and wanted to cuddle all the time. I loved every minute of it, especially when she used my belly as a pillow.

Looking Back: Sophia was born shortly after I reached 38 weeks. We had a one week old on our hands at this point (and survived)!
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!