Monday, April 30, 2012

Draft Day!

Dave LOVES the NFL Draft and starts a countdown as soon as football season ends. You think with a countdown I would be prepared for this important day - nope!
The draft starts on Thursday evening and runs through the weekend.
Her cheerleader outfit is super cute, but a little big.
Wednesday I started scouting out girly Eagles gear for Sophia. I think I would have been successful in Pennsylvania, but in North Carolina I had no such luck. I would have been happy to find a regular football onesie. After scouting out Sports Authority, Buy Buy Baby, Old Navy, and Target I headed to Joann Fabrics to see if I could make something.

I am not crafty, but after wandering around the store FOREVER I found hope. First I had stickers that I planned on decorating a onesie with. But I decided to take it to the next level and bought iron-ons.They didn't have Eagles green so I went with pink glitter letters and a football. I think it turned out pretty well!
Couldn't get the picture to turn :/
L.O.V.E. this cutie.
I think Dave was quite surprised with the outfit...and my attempt at football food (only sausage balls and loaded nachos). During the draft one of my friends tweeted that her husband compared the draft to Christmas for pro football fans. Dave agrees and even went so far as to say that he enjoys the draft more than regular season games. If you saw the look on his face when the Eagles traded up to take a player he wanted you would have seen pure joy. Me, I'm just along for the ride.
Sophia and Dave were glued to the television.


Happy little lady.
Go Eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!