Tuesday, January 27, 2015

In the Kitchen with Daddy

Now that Sophia is older and able to follow directions a little better, Dave has started giving her cooking lessons. She is learning kitchen safety and developing a love of food and cooking. Dave gets to experiment and use kitchen equipment that would otherwise be sitting on a shelf and Sophia gets one on one time with her Daddy (and frequently kicks me out of the kitchen while they are working).
My favorite thing is as soon as Sophia and Dave don their matching aprons, Sophia puts her hand up in the air and says "Let's Get Cooking!". It is the cutest thing ever.
Recently when Sophia and I were making pizza puffs I asked Sophia to stir in the cheese and she responded with "What's next after I fold in the cheese?". The lessons are already paying off.
Some of their recent cooking lessons:
Sous Vide apples.
Developing knife skills and dicing onions.
Mastering the art of making meatballs.
Measuring and pouring to make shittake pickles.
We just got this amazing waffle maker and they made me gluten free waffles.
First time in years I have had a homemade waffle.
Making peanut butter cookies and not-so-politely telling Mommy to get out of the kitchen.
I've shared it a few times before, but here is our favorite peanut butter cookie recipe.
Ingredients:
1 large egg
1 cup sugar (we use brown sugar)
1 cup peanut butter (we use chunky)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Mix together eggs, sugar, baking soda, and vanilla.
Combine peanut butter until fully blended.
Drop by spoonfuls onto the parchment paper.
Optional add-ins: semi-sweet or white chocolate chips, raisins. (we use both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips)
Optional toppers: sugar, m&ms, reeses pieces.

Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Cookies will be very soft. Let stand on cookie sheet for five minutes.
Martinis & Bikinis
Linking up with Kate and Emily.
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

3 comments:

  1. A recipe made with love is always the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too cute!!! I love the cooking lessons...I probably need some at 29 years old, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pics! One of my favorite cookie recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!