Friday, January 30, 2015

Baby Sunshine: Week 38

Sophia wanted to take pictures on her terms this week. At least it wasn't a battle to get her involved.
Size: Baby Sunshine is about the size of a leek, weighing in at 6.8 pounds and measuring in at 19.5 inches long.

Total Weight Gain: Up 38 pounds (two pounds more than my total weight gain with Sophia).

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much.

Gender: Only TWO more weeks until we find out.

Cravings: I am so thirsty but over constantly drinking water and going to the bathroom.

Symptoms: The Braxton Hicks contractions are at an all-time high, but no contractions involving major discomfort yet. I was rather emotional this week. Not only did I cry easy, but I was quick to get frustrated. 

Movement: All the time and lots of hiccups.

Sleep: Sleep? What is sleep? I have had a few good stretches of sleep, but I am up multiple times per night for extended periods of time.

Moments of the Week: Hearing the little one's heartbeat at the doctor. As much as I am ready to meet this baby, I know that it is best to cook just a bit longer.

What I Miss: Too many things to list, just trying to enjoy the end of this pregnancy as much as I can.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Sophia has her Big Sister class at the hospital tomorrow. And of course, we can't wait to meet this little one. Our next doctor's appointment is Tuesday and the doctor is encouraging me to be induced if Sunshine has not arrived by 39 weeks since my labor with Sophia was so fast. I would rather not go that route, so I am trying out as many of those old wives tales as possible.

Big Sister: Sophia is ready to meet Baby Sunshine and had repeatedly asked for me to take the baby out of my belly. She is still going back and forth about the gender of the baby, but yesterday she randomly told me that the baby is a boy.

Looking Back: Little did I know that we were about to meet Sophia She was born at 38 weeks one day. Read more about my pregnancy with Sophia here.
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

1 comment:

  1. February 3 is a great day to have a baby! ;) I had Chipotle and went to Ikea the day before....in case you need something else to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!