Friday, November 21, 2014

Baby Sunshine: Week 28


Welcome Third Trimester!

Size: Baby Sunshine weighs about 2.25 pounds and is about the size of an eggplant.

Total Weight Gain: The home scale says 24 pounds. I will get an official weigh-in on Tuesday at the doctor.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. I have even started raiding the husbands clothes. Hooray for more variety in lounge pants.

Gender: Surprise! We find out in February.

Cravings: No real cravings, but snacking all the time.

Symptoms: I had some major back pain after our long car ride and my poor posture. The Braxton-Hicks contractions, leg cramps, and nasty veins continue.

Movement: Sophia has had little interest in putting her hand on my belly, but she was able to feel some good movement and has just recently wanted to put her hand on me to feel more bumps.

Sleep: A little better since getting home to my own bed, not great overall this week.

Moment of the Week: Sharing the bump in person with family.

What I Miss: Carrying the toddler as much as she would like.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Our doctor appointment in a few days. I am looking forward to hearing that sweet little heartbeat again.

Big Sister: Sophia spent about 24 hours telling me that Baby Sunshine was a girl (and she decided that she is not a boy or a girl, but a princess) now she is back to telling me that there is a boy in my belly. Her favorite baby phrase this week as she looks at her own belly "Why is my belly getting bigger? Is the baby growing?"

Looking Back: I was about a month ahead in my pregnancy last time - it was almost Christmas when I was 28 weeks with Sophia. I am happy to report that I am still meeting my goal of gaining less weight this time around, even if it is only by two pounds. Read more about my pregnancy with Sophia here.
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!