Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bedtime

Sophia is a great sleeper. She has been sleeping through the night since she was about one month old. Now she will go at least 7 hours, but can still sleep through the night. Recently bedtime has become challenging. I am not sure if it is because she is not with the little ones at Lorena's and not as stimulated during the day. She is definitely napping better now that she is home with me.

Part of the problem is that she is not consistent with the times she falls asleep. One night she seriously went to bed at 4:15. She did wake up twice to eat but fell right back to sleep. Most nights she is asleep by 8, but she may take a nap before then.


 We have a great routine and she is fairly easy to read but I wish bedtime did not involve so many tears. I can handle a little crying before bed, but it is quite frustrating to have an exhausted screaming baby. I love rocking her, but I know that she needs to fall asleep on her own.

Here is the new plan leading up to slumber:

-Bath at night (I had been giving them in the afternoon)
-Storytime
-Nursing/bottle with white noise machine on
-Snuggles to crib

I would LOVE suggestions on how to make the cuddles to crib transition easier and tips for bedtime. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing well! For us good bedtime revolves around routine! Plus with Lily we started putting her in her crib to settle herself around 3 or 4 months. It was hard for a week or so as we settled into that routine but TOTALLY worth it since we learned our lesson with Emily who needed us to cuddle with her every night until she was 4!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!