Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sunflower Festival

Last month I was so excited to head to the Sunflower Festival at Gorman Farm, but things did not go as I had planned. Sophia didn't want to wear the outfit I wanted her to wear. I was hoping for pictures with the girls, but rain left the ground muddy (although the weather was beautiful the day we visited). It was crowded and part of the lure of the sunflower festival is picking your own sunflowers, so the majority of the 'photo worthy' sunflowers had already been snatched up. 
However, if you eliminate my expectations of what our visit would be like, we enjoyed ourselves. The children's garden had lots of opportunities for Sophia to explore. The farm animals were out and Sophia enjoyed getting up close and personal with them. Sophia took a mini pony ride. Pumpkin chucking was also a highlight.
Next year I will be visiting the farm the week before the festival to get some pictures with the sunflowers...and again during the festival to enjoy all of the other activities offered.

Visit to Gorman Farm October 4
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!