Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015: The Costumes

You would think that since Halloween is such a big deal in our house, we would know exactly what to dress up as well in advance of October 31st. Unfortunately, that was not the case, but I think our family costumes worked out perfectly.
Once we found out that the Grands would be visiting, we went with a superhero theme. We couldn't pick one 'team' of characters, so we paired up. We had Super Nanny and Super Pap Pap (from our creative imaginations), The Hulk and Captain America (from Marvel Comics), and Batman and Robin (from DC Comics). I decided to do semi-homemade costumes for Emma and myself but my procrastination had me finishing my tutu and sewing a logo on a cape last minute. All things considered, I think we look pretty fantastic.
Sophia has no clue who Captain America is, so she decided that she was Super Rosie for Halloween.
I didn't count how many trick-or-treaters we got this year, but it was far less than we have gotten in the past. Sophia was really into going up to the houses alone and insisted that I stay on the sidewalk this year. The picture below does not do her massive pile justice - she is sitting on top of it to keep Emma from getting her candy.
And even though I took way too many pictures, I still didn't capture all of the images I want so we have to break out the costumes on more time before they are packed away for the year.

Nanny brought her costume to wear so we had a little fun with her wig too.

And since this post is not long enough yet, here are a few comparison pictures.
{2012}
{2013}
{2014}
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!