Monday, January 11, 2016

Beach! {part one}

I planned to update the blog before the year ended with more of our adventures from 2015, but that didn't happen. I can't leave out our beach trip though.

At the end of August we met up with friends in Ocean City, Maryland for a much needed vacation. The drive was long - almost 12 hours - and our little car got tired of transporting our heavy load and protested by refusing to produce cold air. It was worth it though for a week at the beach with some of our favorite people.

Unfortunately, on our first trip down to the ocean, a rouge wave decided to tackle my camera. Fortunately the camera is fine now, but it kept me from documenting our adventures with the fancy camera. Prepare for picture overload anyway!

Sophia wasn't sure what to make of the ocean at first. She liked playing in the giant sandbox that the beach is, but she was really apprehensive about the waves. She held onto Dave and ran away from the waves for the longest time, but eventually got in the water and enjoyed jumping the waves.
walking down to the ocean for the first time.
Emma wasn't sure what to make of the beach at all. I sat her on the sand just outside where the waves were coming in, but she got covered with a wave shortly afterwards. I felt awful, but she was hardly fazed by it.
We borrowed a beach tent from friends that was perfect for Emma. She was able to play and nap in the shade and not get completely covered in sand. And we couldn't leave the beach before Sophia got buried in the sand.

I was able to catch up on some much needed rest and relaxation thanks to my little sidekick and her naps.
I miss waking up to the view from our balcony. We were about two two blocks from the beach, but I was able to watch the sunrise over the ocean each morning (usually while I was feeding Emma).
 
I have two more posts planned about our time at the beach with all of these fun people. Stayed tuned!
 photo 350bd18c-51d0-4b18-95a4-836dd2da11f2_zps5720b10d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
I'd love to hear from you!